An Independent agency based in London is looking for a temporary Accounts Assistant, a wonderful opportunity to return to work, with potential for future opportunities.
Victoria, London | 2/3 month contract – immediate start | 3 days a week (flexible on hours, or could be spread over more days) | Salary Range £20-25 per hour
This Independent agency based in London is looking for a temporary Accounts Assistant, a wonderful opportunity to return to work, with potential for future opportunities, they are looking for someone to start immediately.
Sales Ledger Support:
- Client Income – preparation and distribution of sales invoices as scheduled
- Maintaining accurate records for posting recharged expenses to clients – preparation of rechargeable schedules for approval and preparation of invoices
- Bank Reconciliation – client BACS remittances
- Cash flow management – credit control measures. Contact clients for payment status and update or escalate any concerns to the FD in a timely manner
- Dealing in a timely and effective manner with ad-hoc finance queries from clients and reconciling ledgers
- Checking supplier invoices against orders placed for approval
- Maintaining accurate records – posting PI transactions to correct expense nominals
- Payment schedules – creating timely schedules for FD to make remittances via BACS online banking
- Employee expenses
- Barclaycard expenses reconciled for approval and then posted with relevant costs posted to correct expense account nominals
- Barclaycard administration e.g. online access, setting up new cards, cancelling/replacing cards
- Dealing in a timely and effective manner with ad-hoc finance queries from suppliers regarding accounts payable including reconciling ledgers
- Support with regular monthly period end processes (Journal prepayments, accruals, FA depreciation)
- VAT – preparation for approval and online submission of quarterly VAT returns and payment to HMRC
- Assist with preparation of fully bank reconciled accounts to Trial Balance for accountants (KPSK) to produce YE statutory accounts. Liaison with KPSK resolving nominal ledger queries YE reporting PAYE P60’s and P11’d reports
- Posting payroll transactions to Sage – net pay and relevant NI, PAYE journals
Management Accounts Support:
- Assisting FD with regular updates and preparation of ad-hoc excel models for management accounts
- Assisting FD with design and reporting management accounts in Excel and Sage for quarterly board and monthly management/shareholders review. Eg Budgeting and financial forecasting, incorporating weighted opportunities, cash flow, variance against plan reports, key ratios etc
- Assisting FD with a restructure of the Chart of Accounts in Sage for reporting by practice – aligned to Excel reporting.
- Support FD with development systems, including timesheets, capacity plan, job costing
- Advanced understanding of Sage v 24 (incl. payroll) and Excel
- Understanding of standard VAT
- Discretion / strict confidentiality
- Accuracy and attention to detail (figures and calculations)
- Effective personal time management and organisation (meeting deadlines and prioritising).
- Excellent communication skills and ability to operate independently and collaboratively as part of the support team – knowing when to question and refer upwards.
- Enthusiastic and proactive.
- Continuous improvement in all areas of role delivery as the company develops new processes and practices.
Please name your CV using your first and surname for example ‘CVCarmenDreyer’.