This successful local Kent based school is looking for Learning Support Assistants to work term-time only.
Biggin Hill | Term Time Only | Various Days and Hours (more details below) | Salary Range £7k-12k
This friendly, successful local school are looking to appoint a number of Learning Support Assistants to join a well-established team supporting a range of students’ needs in class, in small groups and/or specialised individual learning. Applicants should ideally have experience of working with secondary-aged students with a range of SEN. Applicants should have good English and Maths skills (GCSE equivalent grade C or above) and be confident in working with IT. These posts will initially be offered for one year from September 2019.
- To ensure work is presented to a high standard and that personal contacts are conducted in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Assist pupils with any language programme, literacy programme, numeracy, motor skills or social skills programme(s).
- Assist in the carrying out of modified curriculum.
- Where appropriate, act as an amanuensis for pupils.
- Where appropriate prepare material, adapted by the class teacher, in order to give pupils access to the curriculum.
- If required, assist pupils to integrate and learn, usually within a group situation.
- Ensure pupils with medical needs are safe in a physical and demanding situation such as physical education or during school breaks and at lunchtime.
- Ensure pupils remain focused and do not disrupt the classroom situation.
- To attend some Departmental meetings if requested.
- To liaise with parent(s) as necessary.
- If required, to attend Annual Review meetings and contribute to written reports for such Reviews.
The successful candidate will:
- Have the ability to relate to young people effectively.
- Have a good standard of education with at least C grades in GCSE English, Maths and Science.
- Have the ability to communicate with children and members of staff clearly and accurately.
- Have the ability to work as part of a team or alone as necessary.
- Be reliable and punctual.
- Be able to keep calm under pressure or during unexpected circumstances.
- Have common sense and initiative.
- To be aware of confidentiality guidelines.
- To have knowledge of child protection issues and when it is important to pass on information.
- Have effective oral and written communication skills.
- Have the ability to be firm but fair at all times.
- Have a flexible approach to work.
- Have a commitment to equal opportunities and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to a DBS Enhanced Disclosure and full background checks.
The posts offered are:
25 hours per week, Monday – Friday, term time only (38 weeks per year) – 2 posts – £12,146 per annum.
20 hours per week, 4 days per week, actual days by negotiation, (38 weeks per year) – 1 post – £9,717 per annum.
15 hours per week, 3 days per week (actual days by negotiation), (38 weeks per year) – 2 posts – £7,288 per annum.
- These posts will initially be offered for one year from September 2019.
- The successful candidates will be eligible to join the Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Please note that holidays during term time are not permitted.
Closing date: 21st June 2019
Please note CVs alone cannot be considered, please email for an application form.