This Independent agency manages complex public affairs and strategic communications challenges for its clients. They have a flexible opportunity for a qualified accountant…
This Independent agency based in London manages complex public affairs and strategic communications challenges for its clients. They blend creative, strategic thinking with experience to solve public affairs and strategic challenges. They develop and protect clients’ reputation, inform the policy debate and help clients get up to speed quickly on the external issues and stakeholders that matter.
They have a flexible opportunity (3 days/week) for a qualified accountant to join their team. This role requires at least 6 years’ experience as an accountant, with experience in an agency environment preferred.
Reporting to the Operations Director with a dotted line to Finance Director, you will be responsible for best in practice financial controls and procedures. Managing the accounts junior, you will have the ability to work as part of our growing finance team and a key member of the management team.
They are looking for a forward-thinking finance controller with the ability to challenge, suggest and implement changes across the business whilst ensuring high levels of accuracy throughout.
- Accounting – regular
- Ensure accurate ledgers – Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- via Sage 50
- Payment approvals, ensure sign off procedure in place for all outgoings
- Review expenses and implement control process
- Manage and project company cash-flow
- Improve financial control monitoring
- Bank reconciliation approval
- Accounting – monthly/quarterly/annual
- Approve monthly Profit and Loss statement
- Balance Sheet monthly control pack sign off
- Manage VAT return submissions and payment on a quarterly basis
- Monthly close process (within 4 working days)
- Preparation of monthly finance report with key variance analysis and a
- summary dashboard
- Identify trends, competitor analysis comparison
- Liaise with accountants, timely statutory account signoff
- Maintenance of fixed-asset registers (with accounts junior support)
- Journal postings
- Annual budget preparation for FD approval
- Project Finance
- Ensuring times, fees and costs are allocated to the correct
- client/project and reconcile each month
- Establish team profit and loss statements
- Analysis of project budgets for efficiencies and help inform decision
- Client and Job profitability management monthly reports
- Live ad hoc job status reports
- Ensure full compliance time reporting system*
- Time reporting analysis and insights*
- At least 6 years experience, preferably in an agency environment
- High level of proficiency in Sage Line 50 and Microsoft Excel
- Qualified ACCA/CIMA
- Knowledge of accrual-based accounting
- Ability to multi-task, manage own schedule, and use time efficiently
- Enjoy working in small teams and taking charge of many job aspects
- Ability to work and communicate with all areas of a growing business
- including working closely with partners
- Desire to grow within a company and take on new tasks and roles
- when needed
*New timesheet reporting system to be implemented, April ‘19
Whilst office based, there is some flexibility around the working hours which could be three days or the equivalent hours spread over four. Please state your availability/preference on this within your covering letter.
Please name your CV using your first and surname for example ‘CVCarmenDreyer’.