Our client is a forward-looking organisation seeking to appoint a Finance Officer to work in their friendly and busy office.
Our client is a forward-looking organisation seeking to appoint a Finance Officer to work in their friendly and busy office. They are undertaking some big projects in partnership with other local organisations: they run a number of events in the area and own and manage a number of parks, playgrounds, sports pitches and open spaces.
They are looking to appoint someone who will have a professional attitude and be able to fit into and manage their small accounts team of 4 people. This is a great opportunity to be involved in many of the projects taking place within the town of Sevenoaks and work at the heart of local government, in addition there are excellent opportunities to learn and progress.
Duties and responsibilities
- Year-end financial statements
- Monthly management accounts
- Annual forecasts and estimates – revenue and capital estimates, department budgets
- Internal control – review and monitor the systems and ensure proper checks and controls are in place
- Risk Management
- Other strategies – participate in the preparation of other strategic reviews and be responsible for adding and monitoring the financial impact of these strategies
- Investments – comply with the investment strategy
- Oversight and supervision of day to day sales, purchase ledgers and general bookkeeping
- Payroll – review and supervision of finance assistants work
- VAT – review the Council’s VAT exemption status
- Asset Register
- Utilities and Services – review of provision of services
- IT – overall responsibility for IT
- Leases and Licences
You will also be required, on occasion, to be in attendance at meetings and to present on the financial matters of the Council.
Main attributes required include:
- Recognised Financial Qualification
- Experience of Accounting Software
- Knowledge of local government statutory framework (preferred)
- Organised and diligent with good attention to detail
- Experience of line management preferred
- Diplomacy and discretion skills.
Benefits include a local government pension scheme with employer contributions and annual paid holidays of 21 days (pro rata) rising to 25 days (pro rata) after 5 years (plus Bank Holidays)
Please name your CV with you first name and surname, for example ‘CVJaneSmith’.