Jane’s final blog of 2016!
So much has been achieved in the last twelve months and we are proud to have worked with so many wonderful mums along the way.
It’s difficult to cover everything here, but in a nutshell;
- We have supported over 2,000 mums to date through our popular taster sessions, 1 to 1 coaching, business start-up and back to work courses. We’ve provided a platform for these women to find a flexible career or start their business.
- We’ve worked on a range of local community projects, these include entrepreneur markets, small business pop-up initiatives and work-experience for mums. It has been great to see so many individuals flourish through these smaller, bespoke projects.
- Judging at the Bromley, Bexley and Croydon Awards, we’ve met so many ambitious individuals and organisations that so deserved their awards – congratulations to all of you.
- As well as working with mums like you, we work behind the scenes supporting women in prison, in refuge and those that have faced more challenges than most. This is an important part of the work we do, as with every mum we support this will also have a positive impact on their children.
- We continue to work with many local employers that embrace the work we do and want to work with our Successful Mums. More and more organisations are recognising the benefits of flexible working and the skills that mums can bring to the work-place.
- We have run over 100 miles for charity in 2016 and smashed our funding target for the Evelina Children’s Hospital. We will continue to support this charity in 2017 and get involved in 10k runs, half marathons and the Evelina fund raising events.
None of this would have happened without my team:
Big thank you to my dedicated Successful Mums team Julia, Caroline, Claire, Ruth, Kath and Peter for making this all happen and turning Successful Mums ideas into reality.
Thank you to my wider team of employers, funders, guest speakers and people that have stepped forward to contribute to our vision.
A big thank you to my parents who continue to be a great support to me (and wonderful child minders too!).
Most of all thank you to Daniel (aged 7) and Anna-Rose (aged 4) who are my greatest motivators and inspire me everyday.
Here’s to a safe, healthy and successful 2017 x